Field Engineer POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Field Engineer will be responsible to review design documents, apply solutions to design issues, provide field detailing and communicate/issue details to the field supervisors.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate communication between both internal and external members on the project including, but not limited to: Engineer of Record, General Contractors, Subcontractors, Superintendents, General Foremen and field employees.
- Provide direction to planning, scheduling and engineering functions.
- Identify and correct engineering issues with design documents and implement solutions.
- Review and approve purchase requisitions, payment approvals, sending invoices, and change order requests.
- Ensure that all company client and project policies, procedures, and standards are adhered to and interpret the policies.
- Ensure the maintenance of all official project documentation and logs.
- Perform safety audits and take corrective action when necessary.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Create a positive relationship with all entities involved in the design process.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or IBEW Apprentice Training Certificate or equivalent in job experience.
- Experience with Power Distribution is preferred.
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Outstanding interpersonal and team communication skills.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code and industry specifications
- Knowledge of construction materials and equipment
- Capable of overseeing design personnel
- Able to make cost effective design decisions and develop working drawings efficiently
- Provide field personnel with complete and accurate field installation drawings and documents
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Must possess strong attention to detail and ensure maximum quality of work throughout the lifecycle of the project.
- Temporary relocation to jobsite as required.
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu a plus.
Sachs Electric Company is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.