About Craftsmen Industries
Craftsmen Industries custom manufactures unique specialty trailers and vehicles and large format printed elements for experiential marketing and industrial solutions for brands across the industry spectrum including Boeing, PepsiCo, and Anheuser-Busch. We pride ourselves on creating our products fully in-house from initial design and engineering to fabrication and the finishing touches of graphics and paint.
Our Craftsmen team includes one subsidiary, Schantz Manufacturing. Schantz focuses on custom manufacturing of concession trailers for the fair and festival industry.
Guided by our values, we BUILD by helping bring ideas to life in a dynamic and collaborative environment and we're looking for talented individuals to grow with us!
What Do We Offer?
- Competitive compensation.
- Career development opportunities.
- Benefits including but not limited to Medical, Dental and Vision.
- 401(k) Match and Much More!
Position Title: Welder
Location: Highland, IL
Position Summary: Utilize all skills necessary to manufacture and build a variety of products and vehicles to meet specifications, quality and deadlines.
- Receive instructions, prints, and work orders for the job. Plan details of working procedure, tools, and material requirements.
- Fabricate equipment by cutting, burning, and welding various metals. Repair equipment by using welding techniques and appropriate welding equipment.
- Clean and prepare surfaces to be welded. Set up, assemble, and tack weld parts.
- Build up worn or defective surfaces.
- Use burning equipment to dismantle assemblies and to cut material to size and shape.
- Must keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Work under moderate supervision with the ability and discretion to deviate from standard procedure, if needed.
- Work from verbal and written instruction (i.e., Drawing, MO's etc.).
- Troubleshoot and solve non-routine problems in nature within their respected field.
- Work and sometimes lead a team, communicate and show interpretations of work, and teach lower skilled employees.
- Use, teach, and maintain equipment and tools for their specific job duties (i.e., welders, shear/ paint guns and pressure pot/ forklifts, etc.).
- Willing to offer solutions and ideas to supervisors, engineers, and team members.
- Willingness to take on more responsibilities and instruct new employees.
- Demonstrate initiative to take classes their respective fields or show interest in taking management type seminars.
- High School diploma, Trade school or equivalent.
- High aptitude with math.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be safety conscious with good housekeeping skills.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in Welding.
- Fabrication experience preferred.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Physical ability to stand up to 8+ hours per day.
- Ability to use Respiratory protection as needed.
- Must be able to lift/carry up to 75 lbs.
Craftsmen Industries (and its subsidiaries) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we consider all applicants for employment and employees eligible for employment without regard to race, marital status or civil union status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, and/or any other characteristic protected by law. We also provide reasonable accommodations to our applicants and employees with disabilities in order to assist them in the performance of their essential job functions.
To learn more visit www.craftsmenind.com or www.schantzmfg.com.