AISIN ELECTRONICS ILLINOIS, LLC
Job Title: Production Engineering Assistant Section Manager
Division: Production Engineering Department
EEOC Classification: Officials and Managers
Reports To: Production Engineering Section Manager
This position will assist the Section manager in managing and directing all Production Engineering Section activities and ensure technical support to the manufacturing group.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop Production Engineering level and policies and procedures.
- Managing, coaching and directing Production Engineering and Maintenance Staff.
- Responsible for leading the reduction of unplanned downtime for mass production and new equipment.
- Responsible for leading the continuous improvement for mass production and new equipment.
- Responsible for leading the manufacturing feasibility of design changes and new designs.
- Responsible for implement engineering changes based on drawing revisions along with maintaining the most current drawings for each product
- Lead TS 16949 / ISO 14001 Implementation for the Production Engineering Section.
- Responsible for waste reduction activities including overproduction, muda and non value-added work.
- New Equipment Installation and Process Preparation including the creation of the schedule, PPP & PPS, PFMEA, PV41 and PV42 activities.
- Responsible for Zero NG activity - track all NG's with follow up of countermeasures.
- Ensure that production rates and machine cycle times meeting company targets.
- Ensure the on-time delivery of all equipment necessary to support new product launches.
- Responsible for facility planning, procurement, and management.
- Experience with equipment maintenance and repair (mechanical and electrical).
- Preparation of Management review material (Monthly & QR)
- Ensure plant and OSHA safety requirements, production utilization goals, and facilities support is met through proper maintenance planning.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure EPA compliance
- Responsible for setting and meeting department budget.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards
- Will perform other reasonably related tasks within the Company as required by the Supervisor or Management
- Supervise Production Engineers and Maintenance Advisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of electronic automotive manufacturing.
- Knowledge of the Toyota Production System and JIT.
- Electrical Engineering knowledge.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent cooperative personality.
- Short term notice business travel.
- Overseas business travel.
- Ability to interact well with coworkers.
- Ability to lead "white board" discussions to chart and better understand AEIL systems
- Ability to work 2 shifts.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays .
- Ability to interact and work as a team at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand, follow and implement posted work rules and company procedures.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and grow / change.
- Ability to work with members from multi national backgrounds
- Will perform other related tasks within the company are required by the Supervisor or Management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5 years of prior applicable experience in manufacturing.
- 3 years management experience required.
- Electronics experience desired.
- Automotive experience required.
- Valid passport for travel required for travel
ORGANIZATIONAL (AND OUTSIDE) RELATIONSHIPS
- All other AEIL Departments and various outside vendors and customers.
- Some dust, noise, oils, greases, grinding debris, compressed air, metal shavings, propane, solvents and occasional heavy lifting.
- Exposed to hazardous machinery and/or conditions that could result in injury up to and including a fatality if safety measures are not followed and adhered to.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, odors, fumes, oils. The performance of this position normally requires exposure to a typical manufacturing areas were under certain conditions that require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety shoes and safety glasses.
- Open staff room with constant activity and interaction with cross-functional divisions, departments, and sections. Must be able to effectively change tasks at a moment's notice when the situation requires.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.