DIETARY AIDE - FT
Performs a variety of food preparation tasks for the kitchen, patient meals and employee cafeteria. Assist in other daily production as needed. Completes other daily sanitation duties. Follows through according to standard policies and procedures in order to maintain safe, efficient and sanitary work environment.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and update tray cards. Record all information accurately.
- Prepare and deliver 10 am, 2 pm and H.S. snacks. This includes preparation of gelatin and pudding (diet and regular). Rotate stock and stock replenishment of supplements
- Keep supplement refrigerator clean and free of any outdated items.
- Deliver snacks and beverages to nursing and surgical pantries makind sure refrigerator and area is clean and neat.
- Notify Dietician of any diet orders requiring additional calculations or modifications.
- Keep patient tray line area clean. Bag silverware for patient trays.
- Prepare patient salads, desserts and beverages in sanitary manner
- Set up for special functions ensuring classroom is supplied with cups, condiments, etc. including cleaning and drying tables and refilling condiment holders and salt/pepper containers
- Wash pots and pans. Perform dish room duties when necessary
- Deliver dirty towels and mop heads to laundry daily. Retrieve clean towels, fold and store daily.
- Adapt to changing work assignments and comfortable serving diverse community
- Function well under stressful conditions involving other departments, workload, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all external and internal customers.
High school diploma or equivalent. Read, write and understand English language. Must know how to operate cash register and count money.
Prior dietary experience in hospital setting preferred.
Shift: Hours and days vary
*****MMH is an equal opportunity employer.*****