WAHL EMPOWERS PEOPLE TO BE THEIR BEST!
Wahl Clipper Corporation, a global manufacturer of branded Consumer and Professional products, has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Packaging Engineer to join our team.
The operations packaging engineer is responsible for the manufacturing readiness of packaging programs by validating, testing, and overseeing packaging programs through the manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will collaborate closely with packaging design, marketing, industrial engineering, operations, quality assurance, and logistics to ensure a successful product lifecycle. The operations packaging engineer will offer leadership and packaging design to support the needs of the manufacturing functions.
- Oversee Bulk packaging design, testing, and implantation to ensure protection for internal transit and help maintain quality assurance
- Seek out opportunities to add value to the manufacturing process by introducing packaging solutions that eliminate waste and provide sustainable alternatives
- Review new product packaging for manufacturing readiness with cross functional team and provide expertise and solutions to drive out waste and help lead packaging portion of production part approval process (PPAP)
- Design, test, and specify new packaging solutions that reduce waste and help foster a continuous improvement mindset
- Review materials and methods and help create alternative more sustainable solutions
- Work with industrial engineering to provide support and expertise with packaging related duties
- Be available to offer operational support for factory
- Support industrial engineering with work-instructions as needed related to packaging and support quality control with documentations concerning packaging matters
- Works to eliminate waste and maximize pallet and product regarding packaging, storage, and shipment
- Stays abreast of latest trends/innovations and works with packaging suppliers for instruction of new designs and materials
- Works closely with ERP System (D365) to maintain packaging attributes, complete activities such as bulk dimensions, pallet Stacks, unit conversions for Each/Case/Pallet, and Pallet dimensions
- Be a Safety champion and lead the charge for packaging related safety matters
- Respond on all Close call events and ensure that packaging is falling into proper regulatory standards for safety
- Bachelor's Degree in Package Science or related field or 5+ years related experience
- 3+ years' experience in designing fiberboard and thermoform structural packaging
- Knowledge of and ability to calculate end to end package cost from material to customer
- Excellent knowledge of packaging materials and use case throughout packaging lifecycles
- Effective collaboration skills (written and verbal)
- Independent problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and schedules
- Strong attention to detail and ability to translate details into part specifications and instructions
- CAD applications, 2D & 3D (ArtiosCAD, Cape Pack, and SOLIDWORKS preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
We are proud to celebrate over 100 years as the standard for grooming products used by barbers and hairdressers all over the world. Professionals and home users have relied on our innovative clippers, trimmers and personal care products for an entire century.
Today, the fourth generation of the Wahl Family remains deeply rooted in the daily operations and management of the organization. Living beyond the footsteps of their great-grandfather, the family continues to ensure that everything that Wahl produces aligns with the same core family values.
When you work at Wahl, you join a community that is proud of its heritage of excellence and ground-breaking innovations and a company that focuses on creating value for the customer and long-term growth.
Perks & Benefits:
- BCBSIL Medical coverage offered as low as $11 per week, INCLUDING pharmacy
- In & Out-of-network BCBSIL Dental coverage, with orthodontics for as low as $4 per week
- In & Out-of-network BCBSIL by EyeMed, Vision coverage, $3 per week for family coverage
- Employer funded health savings account -up to $2000!
- Biometric testing with wellness credits
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with generous company match
- Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement program - up to $10,000 per calendar year
- Scholarship Program
- Daycare discounts
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP) with legal consultative services and discounts
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Company paid Short-Term Disability/Long Term Disability
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Casual work environment