Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced candidate to join our sales team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's top building products and millwork- including doors, windows, columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the country
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for increasing sales in assigned territory by selling building materials, millwork, and other building products to building supply centers, lumber yards, as well as, national pro dealers chains. They capturer new customer sales, promotes products with builders and architects to achieve pull through business.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package (base salary and commission)
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance with Plan Options
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Compile list of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Display or demonstrates product line.
- Travel with dealer representative to job sites to do product take offs on site, or according to architect plans.
- Quote prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained
- Estimate date of delivery to customer.
- Prepare and generate business transaction reports and keeps expense accounts.
- Work closely with inside sales representatives, buyers, and product managers.
- Coordinate and perform customer training.
- Ensure that new customer data and other sales data for current customers is entered into computer database.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Attends trade shows.
- Prepare an annual sales budget with guidance from sales management.
- Visit job sites to work with customers on pull through sales opportunities.
- Performs market research on new product opportunities.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years' of sales related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience in building products industry
Certificates, Licenses or Other Requirements
- Valid driver's license in the state of residence
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Intermediate to advanced experience using Microsoft Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Results driven and ability to generate innovative and creative solutions to problems
- Ability to develop quick rapport with employees, customers, supply partners, and key stakeholders
- Take calculated risks and has the ability to influence others to action
- Ability to effectively communicate the benefits of value-added service and products to employees, customers, and vendors
- Possesses general business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
- 3639 Hempland Rd., Lancaster, PA 17601
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at Huttig!
An offer of employment is contingent on satisfactory completion of the requirements of our pre-employment screening process, in accordance with company policy, which may include drug testing, background inquiries, criminal background check, and motor vehicle history. In addition, verification of full vaccination of COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.