Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced candidate to join our warehouse team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's top building products and millwork- including doors, windows, columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the country.
Assembler I is responsible for assembling and fabricating the prepared components required to construct a pre-hung door unit. Two main components of the job are preparing the components for assembly and then assembling the unit in accordance to the specification provided on the work ticket. To be successful, an Assembler I must demonstrate high attention to detail, the skill to produce accurate work, and a commitment to working safely.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance with Plan Options
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate line machinery; provide direction to other employees working on the line.
- Perform these functions in a quick efficient manner while meeting required daily output and meeting the quality standard expectations.
- Fabricate and assemble any and all types of pre-hung doors including singles, patios, doubles, triples, and all types and configurations including fixed and vented sidelights and transoms.
- Proficient at cut downs (both height and width), able to machine mortise cassettes, three point locks, and electric card locks.
- Read and understand drawings that are provide to machine/assemble the special requirements of a door assembly.
- Know and understand the height and width requirements of doors on orders (rough openings, net unit openings) and be able to calculate the measurements of the finished assembly per the work order.
- Train different employees on all aspects of the Assembler I position including but not limited to: jam/frame/sill prep, difference between "in-swing" and "out-swing", safe and efficient machine operations, assembly of all aspects of all door styles and types.
- Clean and pick up entire work area during and at the end of their shift, work tools and equipment must be cleaned and put away as well.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 5 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Prior experience working in a warehouse
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such chop saw, door machine, and drill
- Ability to work independently and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 75-100 pounds
- Chop saw
- Table saw
- Rip saw
- Hand saw
- Nail gun
- Screw gun
- Door machine
- Various pneumatic tools
- Loud work environment
- Requires the proper use of PPE such as protective eyewear, earplugs, hard toe shoes, etc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at Huttig!
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.