Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced candidate to join our warehouse team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's top building products and millwork- including doors, windows, columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the country.
The Inventory Control Specialist is responsible for implementing and ensuring adherence to all standard operating procedures related to the systematic control of branch inventory. This includes overseeing the cycle counting process as well as preparing for and executing the annual physical inventory process.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance with Plan Options
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor the data entry of quantities of parts issued and transferred between locations, inventory and cycle count adjustments into computer database.
- Oversee the closing of shop packets received and purging of computer database.
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel.
- Maintain the records for the items on shelf-life daily and oversees the notification of appropriate personnel when material has been expired.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Prepare monthly reports for cycle count and pick-lists count for monthly highlights.
- Oversee a yearly physical inventory.
- Assist in the movement and reduction of E & O inventory.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
- 6 months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time in an efficient and timely manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving skills to improve overall efficiency and overcome inventory problems
- Good organizational skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at Huttig!
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.