American Direct Marketing Resources is a full-service advertising agency specializing in direct mail. For 30+ years, results, quality, and service have been the company's top priorities and our dedication to these competencies is the foundation for our success.
American Direct Marketing Resources is located in Chesterfield, a west county suburb of St. Louis, Missouri. Our company employs over 75 people and has clients throughout the United States and Canada.
Accounts Payable Specialist
American Direct Marketing Resources has a part-time opening for an Accounts Payable (A/P) Specialist. The ideal candidate should have accounts payable experience, great communication skills, and an eye for detail. Position accomplishes general accounting tasks related to the accounts payable system. Work involves receiving, processing, distribution, payment and maintenance of vendor invoices. Work involves frequent internal and external contacts.
A/P Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Verify approval on all invoices and check requests
- Analyzing/Coding vendor invoices to accounts and job cost centers
- Processing and entering invoices on timely basis
- Supervise accounts and assure payments are timely, and discounts taken as applicable
- Obtain proper documentation prior to releasing invoices for payment
- Prepare and process weekly check runs, and check requests
- Update and maintain vendor database
- Audit/coding and verification of credit card statements
- Audit/coding and verification of employee expenses reports
- Reconciliation of vendor statements, researching and correcting discrepancies
- Ability to process and follow-up on discrepancies with vendor invoices/statements
- Account analysis
- Maintain accounts payable files
- Communicate with vendors and reply to inquiries
- 1099 assistance
- Assist in Month-End Closing
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to prioritize and to multi-task
- Ability to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with basic mathematical computations
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- A/P experience with basic accounting principle knowledge
- Excel skills necessary including formatting and formulas
- Concur experience preferred
- Experienced with employee Travel Expenses a plus
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Specialist position has flexible hours Monday - Friday up to 30 hours per week to be worked between 8:15 am - 5:00 pm.
When applying for the position upload PDF or Word Document of your cover letter and resume. Do not merely apply with the job board resume.