The EHS Supervisor/Lead will be the point person for all EHS matters at Mark Andy. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of success in the EHS field, and passion for safety. The EHS Supervisor/Lead must be able to engage with employees at all levels across the organization to create and promote a safe and healthy working environment. Specific responsibilities include:
- Establishing, updating, maintaining, and enforcing internal safety policies and plans
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable safety and environmental laws and regulations
- Leading the company's Safety Committee as well as developing, conducting and facilitating relevant training
- Implementing a robust safety program for all employees to foster a culture of employee engagement on EHS matters
- Eliminating workplace hazards; conducting safety audits; and inspecting manufacturing equipment
- Maintaining compliance with applicable audits and reporting requirements and maintaining accurate records
- Investigating accidents to discover causes and maintaining required incident logs
- Work with HR on Workers Compensation claims
- Updating and maintaining emergency plans, including fire prevention, procedures for hazardous waste and spills in accordance with government regulation
- Filing relevant government forms such as OSHA 300
- Representing Mark Andy with government representatives including OSHA, EPA, Department of Natural Resources, St Louis County and Monarch fire department.
- Travel as necessary to other sites
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/ Education/Experience Required
- BSc/BA in Safety Management, Environmental Health and Safety or relevant field is preferred.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) preferred.
- At least 2 years proven experience as an EHS professional in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of relevant OSHA and EPA standards and other reporting requirements
- Ability to produce reports and develop policies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to interact and work effectively with employees of all levels
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Work in an office and manufacturing environment
Moderate to frequent exposure to shop environment; may be exposed to dust, odors, oils, fumes, chemicals, noise and moving parts. Work typically requires the usage of PPE and can require work on the facility's production floor or customer's production environment.
Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl and move about facility and/or customer's facilities. Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds.
Mark Andy Inc. is an equal employment employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor, which is prohibited by applicable law.