Mark Andy is a leader within the label and packaging industry with a mission to be the supplier of choice throughout the product life cycle, offering innovative Business Responsive Technologies that drive customer profitability. We give our clients access to complete workflow solutions – flexo and digital printing, offline finishing, service and support, training, and consumables and supplies.
Perform duties required to set up and operate manual mill or lathe and inspect parts.
- Perform set up manual mills and/or lathes, such as: collect required tools, install tools into holders, locate and indicate chuck or install collect, etc.
- Using hand tools, blueprint, process sheets, etc.
- Operate manual mill/lathe: load material into chuck or collect, machine parts, such as: c'drill, drill, rough and finish bore, rough and finish turn, chamfer, tap, thread, face, knurl, part off, etc.
- Unload and deburr part
- Inspect parts with micrometers, hole test gauges, calipers, thread and plug gauges, indicators, telescoping depth gauges, etc.
- Hold tolerances on diameters and concentricity per print
- Complete quality checks as required
- Use arbor press to install bearings and surface and wheel grinders to make special tools and to sharpen tools
- Collaborate with Foreman and industrial engineers to verify and/or change shop routers and process sheets to facilitate manufacture of parts
- Assist engineering department by machining prototype parts and evaluate machinability of parts.
- Check and maintain oil and coolant levels, clean out chip pan, clean and oil ways, etc.
- Perform other duties as trained/required
- Basic Machine shop knowledge
- Capable of performing proven setups and first part run with minimal assistance.
- Familiar with MA general inspection procedures as stated in QWI310-015.
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment.
- Fulfill daily 5 S and required PM duties. Complete these on consistent basis.
- Must maintain quality parts and low scrap rate which is subject to review by team leaders based on quality issues within cell and/or per IRAD reports.
- High School degree or equivalent
- 0-2 years Manual Mill or Manual Lathe experience
- Hand tools
- Arbor press/ Calipers/Micrometers
- Plug and thread gauges
- Indicator/ Surface grinder
- Moderate to frequent exposure to shop environment; may be exposed to dust, odors, oils, fumes, chemicals, noise and moving parts. Work typically requires the usage of PPE and can require work on the facility's production floor or on the production floor in a customer's facility.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl and move about facility and/or customer's facilities. Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds.
Mark Andy Inc. is an equal employment employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other factor, which is prohibited by applicable law.