FLYING COLOURS CORP. was established in 1989 is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions & maintenance. Flying Colours has grown into a leading aviation service provider with concentration in the following areas:
- Green Completions
- Refurbishment & Modification
- Executive Conversions
- Maintenance & Repair
- Exterior Paint
- Avionics Upgrade & Installation
- Engineering & Design
Flying Colours is a factory authorized Bombardier service center.
The Material Planner is responsible for determining the resources needed to meet production schedules. Working from engineering drawings and bills of materials the planner will determine the specifications for the parts needed and ensure timely purchasing and delivery of the resources to the production teams. The planner will work with the purchasing team to monitor the performance of vendors to ensure continued quality and timely shipments.
- Read engineering drawings and BOM's (Bill of Materials) to determine parts and materials required for production.
- Use the BOMs to enter purchase orders into the FCC purchasing database.
- Work with production teams to organize parts arrival on a just in time basis.
- Work with production teams to organize kitting based on production needs.
- Develop and maintain parts delivery strategy to production.
- Assist purchasing team with Supply Chain management.
- Develop and maintain status reports for production.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Completion of College/CEGEP in Supply Chain Management/Material Planning/Business Administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in aviation or material/parts environment.
- Understanding of AS9100 and lean manufacturing principles.
- Demonstrated strong mathematical abilities.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Programs (Project, Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
Skill and Competency Requirements
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to handle changes and make sound decisions.
- Able to communicate and interact in a positive, professional manner.
- Able to work on multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Strong sense of responsibility, flexibility, ability to work under pressure, extraordinary diligence, solution-oriented way of working.
- Ability to work autonomously and provide progress reports.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Flying Colours Corp is an Equal Opportunity Employer