Position Title: Sales Development Representative
Department: Sales and Marketing
Position reports to: Sales Manager
Primary purpose and function of position: Sell in supplier products and provide value added services to select on and off premise retail accounts by maintaining appropriate inventory levels, providing resources to promote product sell through and maintaining required call frequency through scheduled account visits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain retail call frequency to include: follow structured selling process, maintain inventory levels, book, build, and restock displays as needed, POCM placements, sell in additional shelf space, rotate product, fill shelves, plan promotion activities, follow-up on delivery issues, and resolve billing issues
• Introduce and sell in new brands and packages including activities to support sell through, as necessary
• Complete required paperwork such as point sheets, expense reports, tracking forms, surveys and work orders
• Establish and monitor quality control standards (product freshness, finished product loss).
• Communicate with all company departments as necessary
• Make daily decisions regarding retail inventory levels using past sales history, sales data tools (VIP, IDIG), competitive activity and special promotional activities
• Maintain all required information in VIP
• Assist with Delivery as needed
• Complete required Merchandising as necessary
• Comply with all Grey Eagle supplier standards and policies
• Adhere to all Federal, State and Local regulations (liquor laws)
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and requirements:
• Bachelor's degree preferred; High school diploma or GED certificate required
• One-year beverage/consumer goods selling or merchandising experience
• Familiarity with local, state and federal liquor laws a plus
• Highly self-motivated with a positive attitude
• Project a friendly, courteous and professional image
• Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Excellent customer orientation with strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to safely operate job related equipment
• Ability to meet physical requirements of the job including, but not limited to: repetitively handling cases of beer, reaching above head height, climbing, bending, twisting, squatting and kneeling
• Ability to frequently lift, carry, push or pull package product weighing 50 plus pounds and draught product weighing 165 plus pounds
• Regular and reliable attendance required
• Valid driver license and safe driving record
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and some holidays as needed
• Technologically proficient; including familiarity with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Ability to pass a required pre-employment background and drug screening
• Ability to perform all essential job functions and duties as assigned
This job operates in a variety of Grey Eagle Distributor's account settings including by not limited to: grocery stores, convenience stores, gas stations, bars, and restaurants.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 plus pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours:
This is full time position. Day and hours per week may vary depending on the needs of the organization, but are primarily Monday through Friday. Although the company is closed on most major holidays, the summer season is the company's busiest time. During holidays the company may be open and routing schedules may adjust accordingly. Local travel is required for this position and will primarily occur during the business day (i.e. your specific sales route).