BILINGUAL TEACHER (K-8)
Instruction and Learning (provided in Chinese & English)
High-priority skills and qualities
- Exhibits strong leadership skills (clear vision)
- Builds relationships across dimensions of difference (cultural humility)
- Models a restorative mindset (students first)
- Continuously seeks ways to improve (reflective)
- Constantly grows and develops teaching practice (lifelong learner)
- Finds creative and efficient ways to leverage resources (adaptable and solutions-focused)
- Proficiency in Chinese
- Teaching certification
Skills and qualities that are a plus but not necessarily a requirement
- Teaching experience in K-8
- Strong data tracking and interpretation habits
- Solid understanding of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Oversees various areas of classroom instruction, including language program implementation, curriculum, and assessment
- Leads whole class, small group, and individual learning
- Develops a strong classroom community
- Collaborates with the entire K-8 team to promote higher levels of learning for all students
- Monitors student discipline and safety
NOTE: After completing the general MOREAP application, please click on the "Notify District I'm Interested" icon.
St. Louis Language Immersion School (SLLIS) is a non-profit organization founded in 2007 to develop and operate a network of charter schools in St. Louis, MO. Visit our website http://sllis.org and blog, http://sllis.org/category/news for more information.
SLLIS is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace. We actively encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation to apply.