CDG Engineers, Inc. is a multi-discipline consulting engineering firm headquartered in southwest St. Louis (near the "Hill" neighborhood). The firm has approximately 75 personnel with capabilities in civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and architectural disciplines primarily servicing the fields of infrastructure, power, mining, industrial, and agriculture. The company offers a full range of benefits with competitive salaries and takes particular pride in providing a pleasant workplace environment for all employees.
CDG is seeking a degreed engineer to join our Transmission and Distribution Engineering Services Department. Successful candidate will be responsible for independently and collaboratively solving energy delivery electrical engineering problems for CDG's clients. Typical projects include relay replacement projects, substation design, substation commissioning, SCADA automation, and Arc Flash assessment and mitigation. CDG Engineers is known for solving some of the most complex problems in challenging environments and staff is expected to regularly engage in high level problem solving to enable our clients to be successful.
Candidate Qualities for Success
- Ability to lead, motivate, train, and hire a team of junior and experienced engineers, technicians, and designers.
- Ability to research project and engineering problems as required to define the scope of work required to implement engineering solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to write concise reports which describe engineering projects or problems, and present analyses and solutions to clients.
- Ability to work both independently, with minimal direction, and within a collaborative team setting of multiple engineering disciplines with input from diverse range of views.
- Ability to perform site visits as required to determine solutions to engineering problems or as directed by the Project Manager.
- Ability to manage time efficiently, prioritize requests and ensure on-time delivery.
- Ability to independently develop an electrical construction drawing package, review design submittals and RFIs, and perform project commissioning.
- Ability to independently manage project budget and project scope of services.
- Demonstrated commitment to company values.
- Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following:
- System Protection and Control
- Substation SCADA automation and testing
- System relaying
- Substation and distribution design
- Experience working with SEL and GE relays, HMI, or RTUs preferred
- Working ability with GE Cimplicity HMI software preferred
- Experience with smart grid, solar power, or energy storage projects a plus.
- Working ability with SKM, ETAP, or similar electrical modeling program preferred.
- Working ability with AutoCad, Revit, or similar design tools preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience required.
- Licensed Professional Engineer preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with a demonstrated ability to simplify technical issues.
- Willingness to travel as required which could be up to 25% of the time. (Possession of valid driver's license or ability to obtain.)
- Must be able to demonstrate that he/she can perform all of the essential functions of the position.
CDG Engineers offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package. CDG Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.