Growth oriented multi-disciplined Mechanical Contracting firm is currently seeking a Safety Specialist to assist with jobsite inspections, conduct safety meetings, deliver training, and engage in employee outreach. In this role, you will support field operations much of the time, and on occasion, assist with safety claims and administration. Integrated Facility Services is a leading mechanical contractor with more than 55 years history serving the St. Louis, MO metropolitan area, as well as an office serving outsate Missouri.
Integrated Facility Services offers benefits including an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), medical reimbursement (ICHRA), dental, vision, 401k, paid time off, life insurance, disability insurance, employee savings plan, and profit sharing.
We are looking for someone who is eager to learn, takes initiative, can influence in an energizing way, and looking to develop a long-term, successful career as a safety professional.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Develop meaningful, lasting relationships with colleagues in the field through the demonstrated care and compassion for their well-being and safety
- Promote safety best-practices in the industry
- Lead by example to coach, counsel and role model a safety driven culture
- Serve and uphold the core value of safety by implementing and maintaining safety programs
- Conduct safety orientation activities
- Train field crews and employees on safety protocols and expectations
- Respond in a timely manner to various job sites, addressing incidents with professionalism and diligence.
- Investigate incidents with detail and tact
- Report near misses, injuries, damage to property or other safety-related concerns
- Perform frequent jobsite visits and audits, critically assess and evaluate potential hazards
- Apply sound risk assessment principles
- Recommend corrective actions in the moment and document findings
- Assist with customer and third-party vendor safety requirements, developing and adapting safety plans accordingly
- Post safety communications as needed
- Assist Production Manager with scheduling of manpower
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to develop relationships and influence with exceptional customer service
- Ability to mitigate conflict-prone situations and establish buy-in from colleagues
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Disciplined adherence to schedule and reliability
- Strong organization and writing skills
- Observant with attention to detail
- Inquisitive in nature, applying discernment with openness to new ideas and process improvement
- Positive attitude and ability to motivate and energize others
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and ability to learn new, innovative technology
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Risk Management or related field or equivalent experience required
- Health and safety certification preferred
- Experience in the construction industry a plus
- Routine travel to job sites, where there is exposure to hazards typical of a construction site, regularly requiring work boots, hard hat, high visibility vest, eye protection and gloves
- Employees are frequently required to walk on uneven surfaces, and occasionally required to kneel, limb, reach, stoop, climb, crouch or crawl
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment and technology such as computers, iPads, and phones
- This position requires the ability to lift boxes, small equipment, open file cabinets, and bend or stand as necessary
- This position may occasionally lift up to 25 pounds
Reasonable accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO/AA Employer Veterans/IWD