Partner. Energize. Deliver.
At Guarantee Electrical Company, we love providing students with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in electrical contracting through our internship program. We are currently seeking Assistant Project Manager Interns to join either our St. Louis, MO, Fenton, MO, or Granite City, IL electrical construction teams and provide direct support to our planning team, project managers, and field/lead planners. As an intern, you will aid in a wide range of responsibilities from the project design and layout phase to the supervision of design installation on project sites, as defined in the primary job duties section, below.
Guarantee seeks ambitious, innovative individuals with the ability to grow and maintain value-added relationships with our team and external customers. Click here to learn more about our internships!
- Working with project managers to share specs and information to the field and lead planners.
- Cross-checking and highlighting drawings for conduit routing and grouping.
- Supporting the collaboration of projects across the different business units within Guarantee.
- Working with lead planners to ensure delivery dates and task information is communicated to other involved parties.
- Assisting with data entry into Guarantees materials management program.
- Assigned to support project manager(s) with the responsibility of assisting by coordinating and planning efforts to effectively complete documentation associated with assigned projects and maintaining a smooth workflow.
- Assist with the coordinating, reviewing, revising, drafting, and maintaining of contractual agreements used in the procurement, marketing and resale of electrical construction-related goods and services.
- Support project management and field construction in planning for project construction, including set-up of digital project files and project file setup; management of project documentation throughout the construction progress from project start through close out.
- Track subcontracts; changes; prepare and maintain files, assist in issuing Change Orders, and monitor status; RFI'S, counts, and pricing of change orders.
- Assist with submittal of permit applications and inspection requests; Submittal of shop drawings, samples, cut sheets and as-builts.
- Attending subcontractor meetings with and without Project Managers to help manage workflow of "to do's" for the project's success.
- Maintain panel schedules, create submittal log, update electrical drawings, and track material needed.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Must be a current student pursuing a degree in Electrical, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or similar program of study.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- High level of organization.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Must work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Can speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
What you'll gain as an Assistant PM Intern:
- Real world experience in a corporate environment.
- Focused experience within Project Management operations, but exposure to all aspects of the construction team.
- Opportunities to work on real-time projects that will make an impact on our company and employees.
- Face time with key members of the Guarantee Electrical organization.
- Networking opportunities with peers and experienced operations professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information about Guarantee Electrical Company, please visit www.geco.com.