Annie Malone Therapeutic Academy has exciting opportunities for Certified Teachers!
Annie Malone Therapeutic Academy promotes successful learning behaviors and outcomes for students, grades K thru 12 with Individual Education Plans (IEP's). Students that are successful with therapeutic programming will be able to return to their regular school environment and excel to the next academic level. Based on the students' needs, students receive individual and group therapy along with family resources. Staff also engages the parents with various parent involvement activities.
Under the direction of the Superintendent of Special Education, this position provides specialized individual and group instructions to children who have special education needs. In addition, this position is a key part of the multi-discipline team in carrying out treatment plans for children and adolescents with behavioral and learning disorders and to do related work as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops courses of instruction in core curriculum subjects geared to the educational and developmental level of the students.
- Selects books, materials and teaching aids best adapted to the curriculum.
- Devises particular means of presenting material to students with cross categorical disabilities.
- Trained in Safe Crisis Management (SCM)
- Develops interest and motivation of students to succeed academically.
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated both individually and collaboratively.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
- Passes out study assignments.
- Develops and carries out tutoring programs students.
- Evaluate daily student's progress.
- Participates in staff meetings and participates in planning for individual students and implements them in the classroom.
- Reports student progress and behavior modification strategies of students at staff conferences.
- Writes progress reports, report cards, lesson plans, individualized education plans(IEP)
- Makes provisions for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Takes necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure while maintaining order in the classroom in a fair and appropriate manner.
- Attend all required meetings and training.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Education or related field required
- Two (2) or more years of teaching children with learning disabilities
- Must be a Certified Teacher in the state of Missouri
- Must possess a current Valid Driver's License
- Must have current auto mobile insurance for transporting clients
- Willingness to obtain a Class E Driver's License within 30 days of hire required
- Must be able to develop and carry out effective teaching programs for children with behavior and learning disabilities
- Must have the ability to adapt instructional material to disturbed and physically disabled children
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Patience and understanding in working with BD/LD children
- Ability to evaluate and work effectively with youth with emotional and behavioral problems
- Have patience and understanding with children; develop a sensitivity to the emotional needs of children
- Ability to understand and implement a treatment/behavioral plan for disturbed, disabled or behavior disorder related youth
No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered for employment. Applications can be completed at www.anniemalone.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
HW Kia Therapeutic Academy and Annie Malone Children and Family Service Center provides equal employment and social service opportunity to all regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, ability, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.