Partner. Energize. Deliver.
At Guarantee Electrical Company, we love providing students with an opportunity to gain hands-on experience through our internship program. We are currently seeking an Electrical Estimator Intern to join our St. Louis, MO team and provide direct support to our engineers, designers, and project managers. As an intern, you will aid in a wide range of responsibilities from the project design and layout phase to the supervision of design installation on project sites, as defined in the primary job duties section, below.
Guarantee seeks ambitious, innovative individuals with the ability to grow and maintain value-added relationships with our team and external customers. Click here to learn more about our internships!
- Assist with preparation of project bids, gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents. Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, blueprints and related documents.
- Computes costs by performing take-off, analyzing labor, material and time requirements.
- Provide critical support to estimating and project management by updating all estimating and design-build projects, working with owner/developer/architect for bid to companies.
- Attending meetings with project architects/customer as needed to assist with unresolved problems and ensure adequate coordination is happening to ensure accurate bid documents.
- Help monitor design scope for changes affecting budget or schedule; identifies cause and advises customer as needed.
Must be a current student pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, Construction Technology, or similar program of study.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- High level of organization.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Must work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Can speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 401k with employer match
- Onsite Fitness Center
What you'll gain as an Estimator Intern:
- Real world experience in a corporate environment.
- Focused experience within estimating operations, but exposure to all aspects of a precon/engineering team.
- Opportunities to work on real-time projects that will make an impact on our company and employees.
- Face time with key members of the Guarantee Electrical organization.
- Networking opportunities with peers and experienced operations professionals.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. For more information about Guarantee Electrical Company, please visit www.geco.com.