POSITION: Engineering Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Up to 15 Engineering Staff (Designer/Design Engineers)
Plan, organize and direct all activities for the Internal Design/Engineering Department and supervising up to 20 designers/engineers. Responsible for achievement of overall corporate objectives at the operational level insuring profitability and a commitment to customer satisfaction.
The manager will be responsible for developing a strategy and plan to handle future growth through capacity planning, training, and process improvement. The successful manager will also provide leadership, mentorship, and technical guidance to the engineers as they execute their assigned engagements.
- Plan, staff and supervise all operational activities including project management, engineering, and labor resources.
- Maintain QA/QC Program: Support implementation at Project Level.
- Oversee total engineering and construction effort to ensure assigned projects are properly staffed, managed and documented per established company procedures.
- Provide guidance and direction to engineers, designers, and other operations personnel in their assigned project work.
- Interface with both internal and external customers to resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Resolve operating problems, authorize department operational procedures and approve and/or sponsor all major estimates assigned to department.
- Monitor performance against budgets for assigned department work segments and monitor cost analysis activities on a routine basis.
- Maintain liaison with other operating departments and support groups as required and promote a company team attitude.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the company or as directed.
- Responsible for the level of quality of electrical design deliverables nationally.
- Monitor quality levels, and find root cause of quality problems. Identify areas of improvements in the design process.
- Recruit, retain, mentor and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Assign and coordinate work across engineering staff and project managers.
- Manage expected workload, prioritize tasks and develops professional standards to ensure department completes projects/assignments on schedule and on budget.
- Assists in establishing project goals, milestones, and procedures. Helps define roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout company, and monitors project progress.
- Anticipate and recognize issues; effectively balance risks and opportunities by identifying potential positive and negative outcomes.
- Coordinating project activities to meet demanding program schedules.
- Write and review electrical engineering documentation and work instructions
- Manage engineering software vendor relationships
- Drive electrical engineering design standards and best practices
- Stay current with industry engineering trends and technology and integrates into the department as appropriate.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- S. in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer license
- 15+ years related experience
- Exceptional project management skills
- Previous demonstrated leadership skills managing a design engineering team that produces conceptual designs or detailed construction installation documents.
- Proven experience managing large design/engineering projects meeting budget and time demands
- Superior analytical, problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational, leadership and supervisory skills
Sachs Electric Company is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.