As the largest annual grantmaker in the region for nonprofit arts, the Regional Arts Commission (RAC) has become a central resource for arts organizations and individual artists throughout the region. RAC leads, strengthens and gives voice to a creative community where every citizen can be proud to live, work and play in a world-class region. We believe that arts and culture are deeply interwoven into the fabric of St. Louis life and economy and can be essential in strengthening civic life, cultural vitality, cultural and racial equity, and economic prosperity. RAC is at the forefront of helping transform St. Louis into a more vibrant, creative and economically thriving community through the arts. We value passion, performance and productivity and focus on hiring great people who are committed to the potential the arts have as a vital agent for social change and community transformation.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the Facilities Manager oversees, plans, and coordinates, through a staff of Building Assistants, the operation, repair, maintenance and construction of the Regional Arts Commission administrative office and Community Resource Center. The Facilities Manager also supervisors the RAC receptionist. The Facilities Manager ensures the safety of the building's occupants and visitors and oversees the security and fire-prevention systems in the building. The Facilities Manager is responsible for overseeing building maintenance services and ensuring that repairs are performed as needed. The Facilities Manager may also assist with the completion of building construction projects as a liaison to general contractors. This position will also be responsible for overseeing the telecommunications and general technology to ensure daily efficiencies of RAC operations. In fulfilling their work description, the Facilities Manager will oversee the customer service operations of the Community Resource Center to ensure that tenants, renters, and RAC administrative staff are tended in a hospitable manner. The position will also oversee RAC's collection of donated and loaned artworks that are exhibited throughout the RAC building through rotating shows. This position will be acutely aware of the building's needs and are expected to proffer recommendations and advice to management on strategies and steps to take in order to ensure the smooth running of the building.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE!
- Hire, train and supervise staff of 2-3 Building Assistants and Receptionist.
- Coordinates and schedules staff work assignments.
- Oversee building room rental process.
- Work with Deputy Director in development and implementation of marketing strategies to building awareness and promote use of Community Resource Center.
- Set and implement building policies and procedures useful in managing the general behavior of tenants, renters and RAC administrative staff.
- Prepare and present accounting and management reports to supervisor.
Building and Grounds
- Oversees the safety of occupants by ensuring the building is free of hazard.
- Evaluates the functionality of fire quelling equipment and systems to ensure they are operational and able to resist a fire outbreak.
- Carries out assessment of a building's security protocols to ensure it is sufficient to combat any arising security challenge.
- Supervises the activities of janitorial contractors and vendors to ensure delivery of proper cleaning and upkeep services.
- Oversees the maintenance and repair of the building facilities such as electrical and plumbing installations.
- Oversees the customer service operations to ensure customers tenants, renters and RAC administrative staff, are tended hospitably.
- Coordinate room arrangement and oversee all preparations for building meetings or other events.
- Oversee the opening and closing of the building to regulate building entrance/exit.
Collections and Archives
- Maintains an inventory of donated or loaned artworks to include proper documentation and receipts and an accessioning and deaccessioning process.
- Oversees rotating exhibition of donated or loaned artworks throughout the RAC building, including installation, deinstallation, temporary and permanent storage.
- Oversees payroll, invoicing and accounts receivable functions of the department.
- Works with Executive Assistant to manage and maintain the financial assets and records of the Building.
- Review expense reports for accuracy and completeness prior to Deputy Director review and approval.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including tenants, renters, RAC administrative staff and visitors.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to engage with a broad and diverse
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Physically able to occasionally work on a ladder, lift and move objects up to 50 lbs. and manipulate objects stored at floor level. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving and strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player.
- Proven ability to adapt to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required. Associates degree or trade school certificate preferred. College graduate a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in building management, building engineering, or construction management.
- Familiarity with nonprofit business model and an appreciation for arts and culture.
- Background or training in business administration, real estate management or finance helpful.
- Ability to function in a high energy and high productivity environment that is creative, entrepreneurial and mission driven with a strong commitment to community. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and requests. Ability to prioritize and meet objectives. Attractive, contemporary amenities.