Potter Electric Signal Company, the recognized world leader in fire sprinkler monitoring, has an opening for a Fire Protection Product Manager position. The Potter brand name and our logo have become synonymous with quality products and service. Our People Vision is to provide employment opportunities to those individuals who are performance driven dedicated to meeting the needs of the business, take pride in their work, team players, and are enthusiastic and passionate about their job.
The Fire Protection Product Manager will lead the development of strategic marketing goals, and provide timely execution of the established goals to increase both profit and sales. These goals include, but are not limited to, new product development, new product launch, market research, sales support, technical support management, planning, reporting, advertising, and promotion.
- Collaborates with a wide variety of functional areas such as sales, engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and operations to develop and provide product specifications responsive to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Conducts marketing analysis to develop product definitions and tracks market trends in company's industry.
- Coordinates and develops marketing, sales, engineering, and financial plans for product line.
- Provides financial and technical justification for product selection and definition.
- Prepares product development objectives and schedules for all phases of product development and introduction to market.
- Leads effort to evaluate competitor's products in order to establish and understand features and possible benefits and cost trade-offs of various technical options.
- Identifies partnering opportunities for complementary third-party products to broaden company's product line.
- Provides technical expertise and training to other departments in support of product development.
- Presents in key sales situations for the product.
- Develops and maintain product catalogs, flyers, spec sheets, trouble shooting and installation manuals.
- Supports the development of training tools and training presentations to support multiple sales channels including but not limited to Original Equipment Manufacturers, Distribution and End Users.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical field. Fire Protection Engineering degree or NICET 3 certification highly desirable
- 5 or more years of fire suppression system experience. Experience in Inspecting, Testing and Maintenance highly desirable
- Strong knowledge of NFPA Standards 13, 25 and 72
- Project Management and new product introduction experience desired
- Sales and profit analysis, advertising and promotion, customer interaction experience preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Results oriented High achiever (Sets high expectations and stretch goals)
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Strong analytical ability and strategic/critical thinker
- Computer skills Microsoft Office Software, and ability to use Epicor system, and Salesforce
- Ability to travel at least 20% to support plant and customer visits and trade show support, including international.
We are a 110-year-old company that offers all the benefits and conditions needed to compete for today's quality employee. If you are that quality employee that will give back as much as you receive, please apply on-line with your resume & requirements.