*We will be verifying all credentials, including employment history and education.
Coordinate and implement Engineering changes, Process Improvement and New Product introduction on HVAC solutions. Work together with Manufacturing and Engineering to increase Quality and Productivity by reducing defects and eliminating bottlenecks from Order Entry, Production Release, Fabrication, Welding, Assembly and Field Installation.
Work as the interface between Manufacturing and Engineering to identify opportunity and implement solutions to reduce Bill of Material and Labor variances from estimate to actual by conducting manufacturing process audits and supplier assessments.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as primary focal point on engineering and technical issues.
- Assist Engineering groups as per workload.
- Coordinate activities to evaluate and resolve engineering-related production problems.
- Review engineering specifications, orders, and related information to maintain current knowledge of manufacturing methods, procedures, and activities.
- Liaise with Production to ensure released AHU or ARU systems have adequate BOMs and routing.
- Interpret engineering drawings and facilitates correction of errors on drawings and documents identified during manufacturing operations.
- Examine, measure, inspect, or test deficiencies for conformance to engineering design drawings.
- Consult with project engineers to obtain specialized information.
- Evaluate findings to formulate corrective action plan and coordinate implementation of plan.
- Maintain records or oversee recording of information by others to ensure engineering drawings and documents are current and that engineering-related production problems and resolutions are documented.
- Apply common HVAC unit components in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations, design standards, as well as industry standards.
- Read and interpret plans and specifications and analyze and compare to accepted scope for all divisions
- Assist with development of submittals for all divisions.
- Coordinate project schedules with sales, control/electrical engineering, detailing and production
- Actively utilize company software & IT infrastructure to maintain project documentation and facilitate coordination with other company functions
- Project Management: Schedule, coordinate and participate in kick-off meeting for major projects after Order. Observe and work with production during manufacturing of custom units to ensure efficient manufacturing work process and report any labor shortfalls or overages for the purposes of correcting pricing.
- Maintain vendor diversity to avoid single point failure with a goal of 70%/20%/10% per annual year.
- Build relationships with existing and alternate vendors for key components and systems and maintain accurate and current documentation on product offerings and pricing
- Evaluate and test the performance and reliability of key components and systems as deemed necessary.
- Communicate with Management when vendor, material or labor rates changed so as to maintain the integrity of costing program.
- Review fabrication drawings for conformance with Record Submittal
- Observe periods of upcoming production "lows" and proactively engage management on backlog projects that may have the potential to help achieve overhead coverage.
- Actively manage New Product Development (NPD) projects from conducting feasibility analysis through production prototyping. Participate and attend all company NPD meetings.
- Assist Sales Engineering in regard to specialized applications
- Assist Sales Engineering in developing and pricing non-standard application
- Support Customer Service activities related to parts order, warranty parts, etc.
- Develop and maintain "positive productive" relationships with Factory Representatives, Engineers, Vendors and other accounts and contacts.
- Protect the Company in day-to-day duties while maintaining great relationships with customers of all types including our internal team members.
- Assist with execution of annual engineering goals for this division.
- Review personally assigned goals with Manager
- Create milestone schedule for assigned projects and report on milestone achievement at time intervals upon which Manager agrees
- Desire and ability to work in a Team Environment with occasional requests to function in other job roles without issue. Cross training in other areas of the company is essential to company's success and the Application Engineers Growth.
- Take on additional project responsibilities depending upon the needs of The Company.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Field
- 5+ years' experience in the Manufacturing industry
- Possess a strong working knowledge of custom build and lean manufacturing – process flow, equipment and line layout, ergonomics, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes across departments
- Working knowledge of CAD (AutoCAD)
- Knowledge of quality at the source and design for manufacturing/assembly techniques
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment