As the largest annual grantmaker in the region for nonprofit arts, the Regional Arts Commission (RAC) has become a central resource for arts organizations and individual artists throughout the region. RAC leads, strengthens and gives voice to a creative community where every citizen can be proud to live, work and play in a world-class region. We believe that arts and culture are deeply interwoven into the fabric of St. Louis life and economy and can be essential in strengthening civic life, cultural vitality, cultural and racial equity, and economic prosperity. RAC is at the forefront of helping transform St. Louis into a more vibrant, creative and economically thriving community through the arts. We value passion, performance and productivity and focus on hiring great people who are committed to the potential the arts have as a vital agent for social change and community transformation.
The Marketing Communications Manager supports the information and marketing program needs of the organization by assisting in plan development and production of marketing communications materials and branded content. The Marketing Communications Manager develops and implements the social media marketing and communication strategy. This position manages the development and maintenance of online content that attracts attention, generates interest, and is widely shared with social networks and supports the organization's brand and operations. This position establishes relationships with bloggers and other members of the online community. The Marketing Communications Manager proactively initiates and coordinates activities to enhance and improve the local, regional and national image and reputation of the organization. The Marketing Communications Manager cultivates positive relationships with media, constituents and other key stakeholders to effect and improve the regional view of the organization's mission, achievements, and brand. This position is responsible for day-to-day communications and marketing activities. The role ensures that marketing and communications are delivered in a timely and professional manner and within budgetary guidelines.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE!
- Develops and implements an integrated communications strategy for RAC incorporating public relations, marketing and digital communications.
- Implements communications plans to increase brand awareness and recognition for RAC.
- Develops relationships with key media to secure and grow media coverage both online and offline.
- Writes press releases for local, regional and national media.
- Monitors press stories relating to RAC and its brand maximizing opportunities for positive PR.
- Tracks and analyzes current communications and messages and ensures consistency.
- Oversees the annual communications budget and ensure its use is fully maximized.
- Works collaboratively with a diverse staff team to create and manage cross-organizational, integrated marketing strategies.
- Develops and oversees marketing programs that directly impact RAC constituents and cultural tourism
- Acts as key representative/ambassador for RAC at relevant events as required.
- Proactive and highly organized, with strong time management and planning skills, meticulous attention to detail and a proven ability to multi-task.
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Highly articulate with excellent written and verbal communications and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly, and distill the most important/relevant information to inform unique and innovative new content and creation ideas.
- Proactive approaches to problem-solving and strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to work independently.
- Adaptable to various competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, advertising or communications. Educational background in arts marketing, the visual or performing arts, nonprofit management or a closely related field a plus.
- Demonstrated work tenure in the marketing field: five to seven years of professional experience in marketing, particularly within a nonprofit organization or similarly sized budget for-profit.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, social media platforms, WordPress, project management platforms, graphic design software.
- Event planning experience required.
- CRM experience a plus.
- Ability to function in a high energy and high productivity environment that is creative, entrepreneurial and mission driven with a strong commitment to community. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, responsibilities and requests. Ability to prioritize and meet objectives. Attractive, contemporary amenities.