Annie Malone Children & Family Services prides itself on providing a safe and inclusive work environment where individuals can thrive all while making a tremendous impact on the community.
The Parent Advocacy Specialist is responsible for providing case management services to parents. The Parent Advocacy Specialist will be responsible for following all contractual expectations to include completing all required documentation, data entry into the case management client tracking system, linking clients to community resources, scheduling appointments, engaging families and children through assessment and ongoing services to include scheduling and overseeing visitation, home visits, court hearings, etc.
Why You Want to Work at Annie Malone
- Four-day work week
- $40,000 starting pay
- Amazing leadership team who values employee mental health and well-being
- Employee appreciation days and events
- Flexible schedules
- Great sense of community
- Impactful relationships with coworkers
- Teamwork in all departments
- Inspiring cases
- Small caseloads for each staff
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and manage a caseload of 15 families.
- Teach parenting classes with the Nurturing Families curriculum.
- Conduct home visits and teach Triple-P parenting skills.
- Crisis intervention and safety planning as needed.
- Collaborate with all internal and external team members and stakeholders.
- Engage families through intake and ongoing assessment to include goal setting and scheduling and overseeing visitation.
- Constant contact with families to ensure ongoing engagement in services.
- Link family and child/youth to community services.
- Complete all appropriate paperwork for intakes and discharges accurately and timely.
- Maintain the electronic case management system.
- Maintain a record of all telephone calls and appointments.
- Attend court hearings, Family Support Team Meetings and other conferences and meetings as needed.
- Maintain contact with referral sources and other appropriate parties for purpose of involving them in programs and services.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in the human/social services field
- Two (2) or more years of case management experience preferred
- Experience working with youth and families
- Knowledge of community resources and child welfare services
- Strong computer competency to complete electronic documentation
- Working knowledge of 365 & Microsoft Office Suite with the ability to learn new or updated software
- Must possess a Valid Driver's License
- Must have current automobile insurance for transporting clients
- Willingness to obtain a Class E Driver's License within 30 days of hire
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Located in a commercial building. This position will require working off-site for events and meetings, including home visits.. Assigned hours are at the discretion of the Parent Education and Advocacy Program Manager.
Annie Malone Children and Family Service Center provides equal employment and social service opportunity to all regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, ability, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered for employment. Applications can be completed at www.anniemalone.com