Western Specialty Contractors has grown to become the nation's largest specialty contractor in its field. We celebrate being in business for over 105 years and counting!
We specialize in masonry and concrete restoration as well as preventative waterproofing of buildings and structures. We have offices across the country and our Accounting department at our Home Office in St. Louis, MO has an opportunity available for a Payroll Specialist.
We're looking for a candidate that has a solid understanding of:
- Payroll tax and multi-state experience (as we are a nationwide organization)
And of course...eager to work with a great team!
Contribute to the overall effectiveness of the department by performing various Payroll, Accounts Payable, and other Accounting functions. Provide related supporting information to others.
- Process hourly and semi-monthly payrolls. Print and distribute payroll checks. Upload and distribute direct deposit files and pay stubs. Confirm and upload positive pay files to the bank
- Coordinate stop payments on payroll checks and direct deposits as necessary. Input voids and calculate manual payroll checks as needed.
- Garnishment Maintenance: Set up new garnishments in the payroll system, and communicate this information to both the employee and associated branch office. Verify accuracy of garnishments interfacing between the Payroll and Payables systems. Complete requests for information regarding current or potential garnishees.
- Department of Labor reporting.
- Upload payroll tax files to ADP.
- Year-end W2 processing, as well as issuing duplicate W2's as requested.
- Calculate and write up deposits for the separate payroll bank accounts.
- Process payment to vendors, including running and verifying accuracy of reports as needed. Correct report errors when needed. Prepare subcontractor and vendor requests for processing. Upload positive pay files to the bank.
- Key in select invoices, manual A/P checks, A/P voids, and certain garnishments to be processed.
- Distribute vendor checks to necessary locations.
- Help vendors and branches with inquiries, including stop payments on A/P checks. Provide copies of returned checks for payment verification.
- Process special A/P check runs as requested.
- Provide support as requested for the interim and year-end audits, including providing lead schedules for vendor payments, Union Pension payments, etc.
- Calculate and maintain Auto Benefits taxation amounts for employees with company vehicles. Maintain the electronic Auto Mileage recording system.
- Provide information to management and other departments.
- Work with the treasury and tax departments to assess and correct problems.
- Daily administrative duties.
- Special projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- College courses in accounting preferred
- 3+ years payroll experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of garnishment regulations
- Viewpoint experience preferred
- Experience working with Unions is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
EOE M/F/V/D E-Verify