The Production Associate is responsible for working in a Production facility as part of a line and maintaining maximum efficiency. In addition they must perform all tasks in a safe manner to ensure achievement of Quality, Service, and Cost and objectives. Comply with all standard operating procedures and requirements under the company's safety and food quality programs.
Majority of work is performed in the operations department and on the production floor with extended periods of standing, bending, twisting and lifting. Work involves exposure to refrigerated temperatures, high noise levels, wet environment, moving equipment, and fast pace. This position requires some flexibility of work schedule.
Role and Responsibilities of a Production Associate
- Ability to stand for extended periods and perform repetitive tasks on Production floor and in plant.
- Model the organizational values of thinking innovatively; optimizing solutions with a customer focus; operating with integrity and a sense of urgency; delivering unmatched quality and setting a standard for food safety; leading change; respect for the worth and dignity of ourselves and others; commitment to the community; and being accountable.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- All other duties as assigned
Additional Duties and Responsibilities of a Production Associate
- Adapt to a variety of shifting deadlines through multi-tasking and turning projects/initiatives to on-time completions.
- Must have the ability to identify problems and correct them if possible or inform leads/supervisor of the issue
- Contribute and drive initiatives that improve company profitability
Qualifications and Education Requirements of a Production Associate
- High School Diploma required, technical or vocational training preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand instructions given in English.
- Intermediate math skills including but not limited to addition and subtraction of fractions are required
- Ability to work 8-12 hour shifts or other work schedules as determined by business need, including overtime as required.
Preferred Skills of a Production Associate
- Manufacturing or food production experience
- Additional education which includes manufacturing/assembly line experience.
- Knowledge of sanitation, GMPs, and general food safety and quality
- Work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions in practical situations
- Experience with lot control and traceability
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with work orders is preferred.
- Motivated self-starter with strong teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Commitment and ability to uphold the food safety and quality policies of the company
- Conscientious and accountable for results and quality of product being put out by your position