Sachs Electric Company
DEPARTMENT: Line Construction Group
POSITION: Project Assistant
REPORTS TO: Group Manager, Line Construction Group
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
The Project Assistant provides organizational and clerical project support during the entire project lifecycle. The position supports up to four Project Managers/Senior Project Managers in the Line Construction Group. The Line Construction Group manages small to large scale utility substation projects as well as supports other business groups within the company.
- Assist in preparation of prequalification and bid documentation
- Prepare budgets and update within project management software
- Ensure proper completion of pre-function checklist; QA/QC
- Review and enter Certificates of Insurance; ensure vendor compliance with contract documents throughout duration of project
- Generate project numbers and maintain project files, electronic and paper copies
- Ensure proper document control throughout the project
- Perform material and quantity tracking as requested
- Manage organization of Purchase Orders and changes
- Draft, distribute and organize: Subcontracts, Purchase Orders, Change orders, Restraint Logs, Forecast Sheets, Tool Reports, etc.
- Ensure billings are processed timely and according to Company standards; provide follow up and collect on receivables when required
- Update drawing logs, coordinate the reproduction of drawings and ensure the distribution of drawings/log to necessary team members
- Request, gather, and compile closeout documents per project requirements
- Daily communication with supervisors, project managers, peers, clients, subcontractors/vendors
- Coordinate travel arrangements and reservations for department staff including air travel, hotel and rental cars. Reconcile and approve invoices for payment.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in a corporate setting
- Corporate travel experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work independently with a high degree of organization
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Advanced computer skills utilizing MS Office Suite and Outlook and PDF creation and editing
- Ability to effectively utilize and implement technology and a commitment to learn in the technology environment
- Physical - Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs, extended standing, reaching, stooping, kneeling and crouching, ability to use hands and arms to grasp and manipulate objects.
Sachs Electric Company is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious beliefs, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.