POSITION SUMMARY: QA Technician ensures production of safe, quality food by testing the acceptability of product, recording accurate information, and following product approval / reject processes guided by AOAC International methods.
Shifts: 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. or 1:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES - MAJOR JOB OBJECTIVES
Major Job Objective
· Perform product chemical and microbial tests.
· Accurately record data and enter into database.
· Appropriately approve or reject product following company policies.
Product & Facility Inspections
· Inspect production lines to verify product descriptions, product batch codes, product labels, product weights, metal detection, and case counts.
· Inspect end of day magnet and sifter tailings.
· Perform end of day Radio and Knife Log Inspections.
· Perform monthly GMP & Hygiene Inspections.
· Perform monthly External Inspections.
· Perform monthly Locker Inspections.
· Perform quarterly and annual GBP Inspections.
· Perform calibration of laboratory equipment.
· Perform environmental testing of air plates, food contact and non-food contact swabs.
· Perform proper sanitation of laboratory and equipment.
· Follow proper microbial waste disposal procedures.
· Review Production & QC Records for completeness.
· Verify accuracy of entered QC results.
Food Safety, Quality & Legality Requirements
· Comply with food safety, quality, and legal requirements.
· Report any infractions of Food Safety, Quality or Legality to supervisor.
· Follow personal hygiene practices as documented.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
High School diploma or equivalent required. Relevant college coursework or Associate degree preferred.
At least one year of experience in Food Manufacturing Facility operation under a HACCP based quality program.
Computer, scanner, and copy machine
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal office conditions apply. Employee must have clear, close vision for reading and computer work. Must be able to sit, stand, walk, balance, stoop, grasp, talk, hear and operate computer keyboard. Job may require reaching at shoulder level and below waist. Will occasionally lift/push/pull up to 50 pound and carry objects.