Position Title: Customer Service Representative - Receptionist
Position reports to: Vice President of Business Planning and Administration
Primary purpose and function of position:
Greet visitors, handling incoming calls, field and/or place customer order calls and perform general administrative duties.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Process all incoming calls and route to the appropriate individuals.
Greet and direct all visitors, including vendors, clients, job candidates, and customers.
- Process customer order calls via telephone and perform order entry.
- Contact customers regarding orders, invoices, payments etc. when needed.
- Assist with trouble shooting customer issues by contacting necessary sales team member.
- Handle courier and overnight shipping requests.
- Receive and distribute mail.
- Assist with driver reconciliation when needed.
- Cross-train with Customer Service Representative - Operations.
- Cross-train with Customer Service Representative - Credit.
- Assist other administrative staff as needed.
- All other duties as assigned for cross-training purposes.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel.
- Superior customer service and telephone skills with the ability to maintain a calm composure.
- Strong internal and external customer orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be organized, set priorities, coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, and be attentive to details.
- Strong team orientation.
- Self-starter with excellent follow up skills.
- High school diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist or similar role is a plus.