To develop and prepare detailed electrical engineering and construction installation documents, in addition to providing engineering support during the construction phase of projects to our project management and field installation employees. All engineering support is to be done in compliance with all applicable electrical and building codes, customer requirements and company engineering/design standards. Provide leadership and mentoring to the project design team.
• Develop and prepare detailed electrical engineering and construction installation documents and provide engineering support during the construction phase of projects to our project management and field installation employees.
• Gathers and requests specific information from other design disciplines necessary to move forward and complete the electrical design on schedule.
• Performs engineering calculations and studies for such items as power distribution system design, short circuit and coordination studies, lighting levels and coordination, etc.
• Develop the electrical design so that it can be inputted into the CAD system or BIM model. Check all designs prepared by design team for quality and accuracy.
• Prepares project design guidelines and scopes of work, specifications, cable pull schedules, reports and letters etc.
• Responsible for providing required quantity of completed design documents to proper persons or inspection authorities.
• Consults with vendors and reviews project shop drawings for design accuracy and contract requirements.
• Works with project managers as need to develop engineered construction installation drawings from contract documents developed by outside firms.
• Provides technical support to project managers, field personnel, estimators, and customers.
• Develop conceptual designs, sketches or Value Engineering ideas to assist project managers or estimators in the preparation of an estimate.
Training & Development
• Review and update corporate engineering standards.
• Identify trends, innovations, and changes in the industry and prepare the company in advance for timely implementation.
• Develop conceptual or detailed electrical designs in power distribution, lighting, low voltage systems instrumentation and controls for a variety of industries. (Commercial, Healthcare, Power, Industrial, and Tele/Data)
• Apply thorough knowledge of the National Electrical Code and other applicable building codes to design projects.
• Lead design teams of 1 to 8 engineers, designers and CAD/BIM technicians
• Represent Sachs during design phase of project.
• Meet with clients and A/E teams to develop the specific design requirements for an assigned project.
• Diagnose issues, new developments and guide clients in the proper direction as to their specific needs.
• Teach and Mentor design team members and peers in engineering calculations, the National Electrical Code and other building codes.
Other duties as required to support the project or required by customers and/or management
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 10+ years of applicable experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communications skills
• Proven ability to work independently or as a team leader with a high degree of organization
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
• Strong working knowledge of the Electrical Construction industry, relevant work experience required.
• Thorough knowledge of all types of electrical installations and electrical systems.
• Willingness to travel in support of the site specific needs and staffing.
• Working knowledge of National Electrical Code and other Building Codes
• Proficiency in Autodesk products including AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Revit, and Navis Works
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Products including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Engineering or design software including SKM, ETAP or Trimble.
• Professional PE License a plus