HW KIA Therapeutic Academy is hiring Teacher Assistants NOW!
Monday - Friday, 7:03 AM - 3:30 PM
HW KIA Therapeutic Academy promotes successful learning behaviors and outcomes for students, grades K thru 12 with Individual Education Plans (IEP's). Students that are successful with therapeutic programming will be able to return to their regular school environment and excel to the next academic level. Based on the students' needs, students receive individual and group therapy along with family resources. Staff also engages the parents with various parent involvement activities.
Our Teacher Assistants are accountable for assisting primary teacher in implementing smooth and efficient classroom routines. Work with a multi-disciplinary team utilizing strength based and therapeutic intervention skills that will assist in developing outcomes while providing for the socio-economic and cultural diverse needs of the clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists primary teacher in implementing smooth and efficient classroom routines. Checking to see if students are bringing the materials they need to class.
- Checks to make sure homework assignment and materials that teachers issue to students are returned, thus classes begin quickly and purposefully.
- Trained in Safe Crisis Management (SCM)
- Assists teacher in forming instructional groups in order to maximize instruction and learning.
- Reviews curriculum guides with instructor in order to become familiar with the various instructional methods and textbooks needed for the grade levels of students.
- Input in lesson development which defines outcomes.
- Designs or assists in the design of classroom communication boards.
- Assists in handling of discipline problems per policy and procedure.
- Runs copies of lessons for teacher.
- Assists teacher in making sure homework assignments and tests are corrected and returned to students as quickly as possible.
- Assists teacher in organizing the physical set-up in a way that promotes orderliness.
- Helps develop personal and group incentive.
- Assists in collecting instructional materials.
- Assists in monitoring and supervision of classroom, hallway, dining room, playground, etc.
- Accompanies groups on all outings.
- Must attend all staff meetings and training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 60 college credit hours or Para Professional Certification required
- Two (2) years of experience working with children in a classroom setting required
- Experience working with children that are MRDD, LD, BD, EMH, ED, is a plus
- Must possess a Valid Driver's License
- Must have current auto mobile insurance for transporting students
- Willingness to obtain a Class E Driver's License within 30 days of hire required
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Ability to evaluate and work effectively with youth with emotional and behavioral problems
- Have patience and understanding with children; develop a sensitivity to the emotional needs of children
- Ability to understand and implement a treatment/behavioral plan for disturbed, disabled or behavior disorder related youth
No phone calls please. Only complete applications will be considered for employment. Applications can be completed at www.anniemalone.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
HW KIA Therapeutic Academy and Annie Malone Children and Family Service Center provides equal employment and social service opportunity to all regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, ability, gender, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.