St. Louis Area Foodbank (SLAFB)
Job Title: Warehouse Associate
Immediate Supervisor: Warehouse Coordinator or Warehouse Manager Employees Supervised: None
General Description/Position Summary
Primary responsibility is the acceptance and delivery of all Foodbank products, general maintenance, cleanliness, and organization of facilities and equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Inventory Manager the storage, and rotation of product in an efficient, organized and safe fashion.
- Ensure that all product is labeled and racked accurately. Rotate and remove product as directed.
- Conduct accurate count of physical inventory as determined by Inventory Manager.
- Responsible for picking and staging orders for pick up or delivery.
- Assist in inventory reconciliation. Assist in various duties pertaining to maintaining accurate inventory.
- Assist in monthly distribution preparation, tracking and reconciliation.
- Assist in the distribution process to meet customer needs.
- Inspect all product upon receipt, paying close attention to the temperature of freezer and refrigerated items, and determine fitness of product for distribution
- Responsible for assisting with recycling program, including loading of baler and transporting cardboard through warehouse.
- Responsible for learning agency dock policies and procedures and to be able to work it when required.
- Responsible for following safe workplace policies.
- Responsible for following policies and procedures related to food safety and equipment safety.
- Be active in reinforcing safe work practices.
- Maintain daily cleaning schedule including the inside and outside of warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Warehouse experience required.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience preferred.
- Skilled in the operation of standard warehouse equipment.
- Ability to work, on a regular rotation, in a freezer/refrigerated environment .
- Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks and produce accurate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Work is performed in warehouse with a significant amount of walking on concrete surfaces. Entrances may be open and work conditions during the summer months can be very hot, and during the winter very cold. Employee may be going in and out of freezers and coolers with extreme variations in temperature. Workspace could be very dusty, and on occasions can be noisy due to the traffic of motorized vehicles operated in the building. Periodically may work outside and be exposed to the elements. Employee may be exposed to spoiled food and sharp objects due to working with damaged product. Work involves moving boxes and employee must lift, bend, stoop, pick up and move objects up to 75 pounds. Work involves using manual pallet jacks and therefore requires an ability to push and pull pallets over 2,000 pounds.
May work evenings and weekends due to special events and other projects related to timely and accurate warehousing and distribution of product.