Huttig Building Products is seeking an experienced candidate to join our warehouse team. Huttig has been one of nation's largest wholesale distributors of specialty building products and millwork for over 133 years. With a vast selection of some of the industry's top building products and millwork- including doors, windows, columns, decking, and more- we provide our dealers with top-of-the-line products from the best supplier brands in the country.
The Warehouse Worker is responsible for receiving and coordinating the distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and products. They are also responsible for delivering products to customers. They primarily unload and load shipments and maintain inventory in a clean optimally functioning warehouse. To be successful in this role, the Warehouse Worker must be detailed oriented, efficient, and maintain a safe work environment.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation package
- Career advancement opportunities
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance with Plan Options
- Paid time-off (PTO) and company paid holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read customer shipping order to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Receive shipments by processing paperwork, checking contents, and moving materials from receiving areas to designated areas using a forklift, hand truck, or rolling cart.
- Sort and place materials on racks, shelves, or bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Compile worksheets or tickets for customer specifications.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves; convey orders to packing station or shipping department.
- Mark materials with identifying information.
- Record amounts of items received and distributed; maintain inventory records.
- Weigh or count items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Use computer to enter records; compile worksheets or tickets based on customer specifications.
- Perform daily cycle counts; locate and identify inventory adjustments and errors.
- Attend safety trainings and meetings; comply with OSHA and company safety policy.
- Perform routine maintenance on tools used; clean and check tools to ensure proper functioning; notifying a supervisor of larger repairs or malfunctions.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Certificates, Licenses or Other Requirements
- Forklift certification required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience operating warehouse equipment such a forklift
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move 75-100 pounds
- Strong attention to detail and team oriented
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos
- Work regularly in outdoor area which requires use of PPE such as protective eyewear, earplugs, and hard toe shoes.
- Noise level is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Check out what our employees have to say about their career at Huttig!
Huttig Building Products maintains an alcohol and drug free workplace and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.