This position will work with the Sales and Marketing teams to grow brand awareness and market share within his/her territory while meeting all standards and expectations set by The Saint Louis Brewery. This person will need to be driven and goal oriented with proven ability to plan, track, and execute key metrics. Must also possess excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently effectively, strong analytical and time management skills and represent The Saint Louis Brewery in a positive manner. Preferred to have three to five years' sales experience in the beverage industry. Willingness and ability to travel, valid driver's license, and minimum three years' general sales/account management experience required. This person will be required to live in his/her territory in the New York City metro.
• Achieve the specified account goals as provided by the Sales Management Team within the key accounts.
• Achieve the standards set by The Saint Louis Brewery in order to attain the market leader status
• Be thoroughly knowledgeable with the key decision makers for each account
• Develop and update shared list of account contacts and productivity for region
• Manage and increase sales performance and brand awareness
• Perform weekly distributor calls with Sales Managers, Inventory Managers and other Key Distributor contacts.
• Manage Chicago Key Off-Premise Chain Accounts. This includes daily and weekly account visits.
• Working with our National Accounts Manager on growing sales volume, distribution, brand awareness and market share within these accounts.
• Develop relationships with Distributor Sales Representatives and Supervisors to ensure accounts are effectively executed and maintained properly.
Distributor / Market Knowledge:
• Possess knowledge of who the key people are at the distributor level
• Manage Inventory Levels with all assigned distributors.
• Knowledge of pricing for all products and units
• Develop market profile target lists, etc
• Develop and build relationships with the distributor to build sales in the region
• Know products and pricing of top seven craft and import beer competitors in region
Internal Processes and Procedures:
• Full knowledge of internal processes and procedures
• POS orders
• Pulling and invoicing samples
• Scheduling merchandiser account visits for specialty POS and large display
• Knowledge for handling distributor bill backs
• Submit weekly and monthly reports to Director of Sales.
• Other duties as assigned
Position Qualification Requirements
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of two years' sales experience required. Experience in beer industry and consumer goods sales is preferred.
Skills and Abilities which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position