Are you looking for a satisfying career in which you can take pride in knowing that the quality of your work provides the building blocks for the success of the company?
Huttig is national distributor of building materials with a 133 year-old proud history of building America!
We offer competitive salary with annual pay reviews, affordable high-quality healthcare, company paid Holidays and vacation, 401(k) retirement savings plan and career advancement opportunities.
Our Selkirk, NY branch has an immediate opening for a Outside Sales Representative to join their already successful team. From doors and windows to decking and stairs, the products that you will be working with will be used and enjoyed by many people in both residential and commercial settings.
Responsible for growing sales in specific geographic territory selling building materials, millwork, and other building products to building supply centers, lumber yards, as well as, national pro dealers chains. Captures new customer sales, promotes products with builders and architects to achieve pull through business.
The territory is the mid-Hudson Valley of NY, candidates living in that area are encouraged to apply!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders.
- Displays or demonstrates product line.
- Travels with dealer reps to jobsites to do product take offs on site, or according to architect plans.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for orders obtained.
- Estimates date of delivery to customer.
- Prepares and generates reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Works closely with inside sales representatives, buyers and product managers.
- Coordinates and performs customer training.
- Ensures that new customer data and other sales data for current customers is entered into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems.
- Attends trade shows.
- Prepares an annual sales budget with guidance from sales management.
- Visits job sites to work with customers on pull through sales opportunities.
- Performs market research on new product opportunities.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have industry experience. Familiarity of Maine market and outside sales eperience a plus.
- Microsoft Suite' Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint (Intermediate and Advanced).
- A valid Drivers License in State of residence required.
- Excellent verbal communication with writing skills.
- Basic to intermediate mathematical skills- ability to deal with numbers, fractions, discounts etc.
- Ability to define problems; collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Data analysis and understanding/interpretation of market trends of market trends.
Read the full description for more details.