Director of Maintenance
Flying Colours Corp is a global leader in all aspects of aircraft completions and maintenance. With facilities in Canada, USA, and Singapore our continued growth and success is driven by our talented workforce that embody our core values: integrity, innovation and flexibility.
Flying Colours Corp. is seeking a Director of Maintenance. This position is located in Peterborough, ON, CA.
The Director of Maintenance / Person Responsible for Maintenance (PRM) is responsible for all operational activities that Flying Colours Corp. undertakes, in accordance with Transport Canada Regulation, CARs 573.03. This person shall be referred to as the Director of Maintenance (DOM).
The DOM may assign management functions to specified employees. Assigned duties are defined in the following sections. Management and Supervisory personnel are required to be conversant with their assigned duties as described in this manual. The certificate holder shall remain ultimately responsible for all activities of the company, and the company's compliance with the Canadian Aviation Regulations (CARs.).
The Director of Maintenance as the PRM shall be responsible to the Certificate Holder / Accountable Executive for, but not limited to, the following:
- Reports directly to the V.P. Technical Services.
- All aircraft maintenance department personnel report to the DOM.
- The Quality Department reports to the DOM.
- Administration of the maintenance department and all requirements of the Maintenance Policy Manual MPM.
- Establish and maintain a quality assurance program that will verify and ensure that maintenance and its administration continue to comply with CARs. 573 and in accordance with the standards set out in chapter 573 of the Airworthiness Manual.
- Ensure that all maintenance activities are controlled on aircraft that are receiving maintenance within the company's facilities.
- That technical records are originated and retained with respect to all inspections and maintenance functions.
- Ensure all interdepartmental communication procedures are being met.
- Work directly with the Certificate Holder on company personnel issues and staffing levels.
- Shall be responsible overall for the maintenance-training program.
- Shall be responsible to ensure that sufficient equipment and special tools are made available to accomplish the maintenance and inspection functions of the company.
- Shall be responsible in developing improved shop practices and procedures and shall work with the Quality Department in this regard.
- Shall be responsible to ensure that all aspects of this manual and the CARs are complied with.
- Shall be responsible for the regular review and amendment of this manual to ensure compliance with the CARs.
- Approve and issue Aircraft Certification Authority (ACA) and Shop Certification Authority (SCA). These persons are identified in Appendix 5.
- Shall be responsible to the Accountable Executive for the SMS program.
- Shall be the primary contact with Transport Canada
In cases of temporary absence, the DOM, in writing, may assign the duties of the DOM, to another person within the company's senior management who is also qualified in accordance with CARs. 573.04, for periods of up to 30 days. Longer assignments will require a separate Transport Canada approval.
Experience and Education Requirements
Applicants must have at least ten (10) years of aerospace/aviation experience with appropriate licensing or industry-recognized credentials, together with proven experience in SMS or Quality system management. Candidates must have knowledge and understanding of ISO and AS9100 standards and understand SMS as applied to the Canadian Aviation Industry and Transport Canada, and the components and elements of the Transport Canada Safety Management System model.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Able to communicate with others in a clear and concise manner while building credibility and rapport.
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics/situations.
- Professional and positive approach.
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels.
- Team player, and able to work on own initiative.
- Dynamic and Creative.
- Relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Project management.
- Presentation skills.
- Research and Report writing skills.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Change Management
- Coaching & People management
- Frequent or occasional periods of time are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally required to stop or lift light material or equipment.
- Office located in a comfortable indoor area which is air conditioned or climate controlled. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion, e.g.: moderate background noise levels. But also enters and interacts in production areas.
- Frequent need to give very concentrated attention, either hearing, seeing, visualizing, drafting, to what is happening and work being performed.
- Frequent and on-going pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Deals with personnel / human resources issues including the planning, control and direction of others' work assignments.
- Final or next-to-final accountability for key organizational outcomes and expected results.
Please note: The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the position.
Work Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (occasional overtime may be required)
Salary: We offer competitive compensation to qualified and highly motivated candidates.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants may submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote job position in the subject-line of your email.
While we appreciate all resumes received, we can only contact those applicants under consideration for interview.
Flying Colours Corp. is proud to participate in the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP). We welcome applications from all qualified candidates including candidates representing the four designated groups: Women, member of Visible Minorities, Aboriginal Peoples and Persons with Disabilities.