The Industry Manager, Mining and Aggregates is responsible for providing overall leadership to drive profitable revenue and market share growth for the sale of Capital Equipment and aftermarket Parts & Service, within their defined industries, including Mining and Aggregates across all TSG product segment and service offerings.
The Industry is responsible for developing overall strategies and tactical implementation plans, establishing and monitoring attainment of revenue targets and opportunities (managing the sales funnel), proactively taking action to address market and competitor actions and personally assisting in the sale of capital equipment and parts across all TSG product line offerings and markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop monthly, quarterly and annual sales strategy and tactical plans for assigned industries to accomplish the following:
- Profitable revenue growth.
- Balanced selling across all product lines (Capital, Parts & Service) to drive balanced growth & customer satisfaction.
- Set individual and market specific sales goals compatible with those of the organization to meet overall company goals.
- Coordinate TerraSource presence at appropriate trade shows in Mining and Aggregates.
- Maintains and builds rep network for target industries including managing 2-4 existing Rep Agencies within a defined geographical area.
- Become an application expert for TerraSource equipment in Mining and Aggregates.
- Demonstrate presentation skills capable of detailing all Product Lines & Services in a fashion that delivers a specific product lines value proposition and/or TSG value proposition with maximum impact.
- Meet with key customers to develop relationships, understand their needs and proactively address potential issues.
- Track/Report overall progress of sales team against targets through weekly, quarterly & annual sales plans. Regular implementation of Project Tracking/ Forecasting via the CRM System.
- Proactively work cross functionally with other TSG support functions to effectively organize, assemble and arrange resources to meet goals, including Contracts, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, Engineering, etc.
- 10 years experience with Crushing and Material Handling in Mining or Aggregates industries.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills - ability to understand key customer technical issues and define how our products will solve particular issues.
- Extensive knowledge of both capital and aftermarket part & service sales process expertise in how the sales process works from initial planning for potential opportunity to structuring and closing a sales deal.
- Exceptional communication skills that delivers presentations with maximum impact and demonstrates excellent oral presentation skills.
- Excels in achieving outstanding performance results with strong leadership skills - ability to effectively establish goals, motivate and drive performance with strong level of self-confidence and effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen - strong knowledge of territory financials, ability to effectively structure the financial aspects of a sales package, and ability to define the economic benefits of the products to the customer.
- Excels in planning, forecasting and resource deployment of the geographical region including recruiting, hiring and training Rep Agencies.
- Excels in managing geographically dispersed territory working cross functionally across TSG.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA preferred or equivalent work experience
• Strong industry, technical and process experience in material handling and processing equipment
• Prior experience as a Territory/Regional sales management is a plus
Employee must be able to travel up a minimum of 50% of the time.
To perform this job successfully, the physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. The employee may occasionally be required to crouch. The employee may occasionally lift items as heavy as 25lbs. Specific vision abilities may include the employee's ability to see near and far distances.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of any employee assigned to this job. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.