TVS Supply Chain Solutions North America, Inc.
Job Opening: Industrial Engineer
Shift: 1st Shift (Schedule flexibility for extended or unplanned work hours is required)
Location: Anderson, SC
This position will provide analysis, support, planning, improvement, and implementation of business processes to meet the goals and objectives of the organization. This position, combined with the Solutions Delivery Team, will support the Anderson, SC TVS operation at the customer site.
- Manage project plans and coordinate with key project stakeholders
- Independently identify, lead, and execute Six Sigma / Continual Improvement projects
- Utilize Lean methodologies including: A3, Kaizen and Six Sigma to develop improvement plans
- Apply statistical methods and perform mathematical calculations to determine processes, staff requirements and production standards
- Organize complex data to drive business decisions
- Create business plans to justify capital expenditures and process improvement plans
- Deliver reports and presentations to internal audiences and external audiences, including existing customers and prospects
- Lead project and implementation teams
- Lead offsite implementation projects as required
- Provide training, resources, and documentation
- Oversee and mentor other Solutions Delivery resources, providing mentorship, project guidance, training, and knowledge transfer of processes, systems, and lean methodologies.
- Confer with vendors, staff, and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, specifications, service capabilities, and project deliverables
- Be prepared to work on projects and assignments in other areas of the business and support business initiatives that may be out of scope of normal job duties
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent engineering discipline
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in a manufacturing or logistics environment
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in Industrial engineering or equivalent engineering environment
- Experience influencing and leading others that are not direct reports
- Experience with Lean, Sig Sigma, or other continuous improvement methodologies
- CAD experience working with and creating building and process layouts
- Experience developing processes and work instructions
- Certification in Six Sigma, Lean, or equivalent continuous improvement methodology
- Leadership experience by managing others
- Experience working in a third-party logistics environment, especially one supporting an automotive supplier
Technical (hard) skills:
- Strong computer skills; MS Office, Outlook, Auto CAD
- Microsoft Project experience is a plus
- Experience working with a Warehouse Management System and/or Enterprise Resource Planning system
- Knowledge of ISO standards
- Ability to conduct accurate and descriptive time studies
- Ability to create and read a process flow chart
- Formal Lean Training and Certifications are a plus
- Ability to read dimensional engineering drawings
Critical (soft) skills:
- High level of initiative
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Works well within a team environment
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, and able to work independently
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills
Work Environment: Manufacturing and warehouse environment subject to seasonal temperatures and regular exposure to forklift traffic
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Type: Full Time. Schedule flexibility for extended or unplanned work hours Is required. Physical presence required in the workplace
Travel: Must be open to travel 15%
Other Duties This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.